If your page does not appear in the first 20 results of a search engine (which is quite optimistic) you probably will not get hits through search engines, unless you pay for it. Many search engines, however, have a column on the right side of the search results where you can buy a “sponsored link”, that is, you can appear on that list for a fee. This is what is known as Pay Per Click (PPC).
“Pay per click” or “pay per visit” systems are advertising models based on which the advertiser pays for each actual visit they receive through the system.
In a PPC search engine, advertisers bid to get the top positions on the keywords of their interest. The highest bid, along with other criteria, causes an ad to appear in the top places of the results list, which (it is assumed) will make that website have a higher number of visitors, although costing per visit.
How does Pay Per Click work?
First you must choose terms that are important to your customers, those terms that people would look for in the search engine. Then investigate how much other advertisers are paying to appear on those lists of sponsored links. The higher you want to appear on the list of sponsors, the more you will have to pay. The list is headed by the highest bidder. Of course, you’ll want to find out how much you pay, how many customers and how much business these visitors provide you. You should be able to identify more than 100 related search terms that you might want to bid on for a single product or service.
Impressive Results for Your Unique Business
- PPC is the most effective method to get potential customers.
- You have the possibility to continuously control the cost per visitor.
- It’s simple: the more you pay, the better positions you’ll have on the list of “sponsored links”.
- You only pay for visitors who click on your ad.
- With PPC you can choose the terms to advertise your products and services.
- Generate quality traffic on your website since the visitor can read a description of your activity before clicking on your add.